Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 756

Day 3 of vacation--

This one is going to be long with lots of pictures. We started out in Mississippi and went to Memphis. While in Memphis we stopped at Graceland. It was hard to pick and choose photos for this post because I have TONS! Josh and Samantha were excited to go to Graceland. So was I. I LOVE Elvis! Since my new car has satellite radio, we have found the Elvis channel and the kids are getting into his music. Hannah didn't understand why she couldn't go sit on things, especially since the ropes to keep you out were all above her head.

Here are some photos.
The Jungle Room
This one needs no explanation...it took my breath away. :)
The kids by the pool



Outside the car museum
PURPLE!!!!





Marc took this with his phone....read the shirt Hannah is sitting under.
This is a photo of the photo they took of us.
This was the only long stretch Marc drove. I got to check out the map.


The kids had a game called squiggle...or something like that. You have to draw something with a squiggly line that is already on the page. They asked me which was better---"the pregnant S" or the Venus fly trap. I was laughing to hard to pick, so I put it up for a vote on facebook. The "pregnant S" won!
At a rest stop aka potty break.
We finally got to Nashville where we did a quick drive by tour of downtown. We also got out and walked a little, but it was crowded because of the CMA awards.

Here are Marc and the kids at the Titans stadium. When Marc and I were here last in 1998 it was nothing but steel and concrete. You can see that Caleb is again mad, but I don't remember why. LOL

This is Josh at Fort Nashborough.


This is just awesome!
Just a snapshot
Again...what an imagination on this kid!


This is the Ryman Auditorium which is where they are currently holding the Grand Ole Opry.
Here is the World Famous Tootsies. We just looked and didn't go it since we had the kids, but there was music coming from all different places. People were just sitting on the sidewalks singing and playing instruments.
Just another snapshot.

No comments:

Post a Comment