Josh has been taking guitar lessons for about a year and a half now. Samantha has been wanting to do something. Well, praise God the opportunity to buy
a piano. We have had it a while (see link), but I told Samantha she had to wait until Caleb was done with baseball...I can only do so many things at a time!!! Well, the day of Caleb's last game she started
bugging me endlessly asking me when she could start. Over the course of a few months my mom and I have showed her a few things. I do not play (I think I could), my mom used to. Samantha has picked up what we have told her. She often sits down at the piano to play things...she sings a song and then plays it. One song she really tries to do is "The Little Drummer Boy", but it has a flat in the rum, bum, bum, bum part and she doesn't get it. It doesn't stop her from trying though. Anyway, yesterday as we were getting ready for VBS she started playing...think it is in yesterday's blog. Today was her big day!!! She absolutely loved it! The teacher came out in the middle of the lesson and asked me why I didn't tell him she was so good. LOL I guess I taught her well...j/k! She is great and catching on very quickly. He obviously skipped the basic "first" lessons since she knows the keys and can kind of read music.
No comments:
Post a Comment