Sunday, June 7, 2009

Day 397

Does this photo need explanation? It has already made the round on facebook, but this is for those of you holdouts. ;) VBS week is here! I stepped down as a director this year. I flat out didn't have time and with Caleb in half-day Pre-K, I just couldn't get up to church to plan AND be home for him. I showed up in my room to "meet" and set up. Fun, fun, fun.... Anyway, there was a box of music toys. Samantha immediately got out the xylophone and started playing Jesus Loves me and the started on The Little Drummer Boy ALL by ear! (side note...she starts piano tomorrow. How can I not nurture what could possibly be some talent...or at least some ability?) Anyway, I am sure you can imagine what Caleb went for...the drum sticks. He then turned everything he could find into a drum and got one of the cymbals and set it down next to his "drums." You can surely imagine how quickly that got old. Caleb was really being himself for a while and after about an hour I looked up and saw what you see in this picture. Just so you know, it didn't work! It only made him louder, BUT all of us who were annoyed with him got a laugh out of it, so it gave US an attitude adjustment. Whatever works, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment