Monday, June 1, 2009

Day 391


Today, I do not have a picture. Today, I stopped. I was still. I listened. I wept. I took a picture.
Yes, I do write in my Bible. I lose papers all the time, so it is the best place for me to take notes. That picture is a picture of Hannah. It was given to me while I was at church and that was a safe place to put it. It has since been used many times as a bookmark. The passage on that page is.

Psalm 86:1-13

A prayer of David.

    1 Hear, O LORD, and answer me, 
       for I am poor and needy.

    2 Guard my life, for I am devoted to you. 
       You are my God; save your servant 
       who trusts in you.

    3 Have mercy on me, O Lord, 
       for I call to you all day long.

    4 Bring joy to your servant, 
       for to you, O Lord, 
       I lift up my soul.

    5 You are forgiving and good, O Lord, 
       abounding in love to all who call to you.

    6 Hear my prayer, O LORD; 
       listen to my cry for mercy.

    7 In the day of my trouble I will call to you, 
       for you will answer me.

    8 Among the gods there is none like you, O Lord; 
       no deeds can compare with yours.

    9 All the nations you have made 
       will come and worship before you, O Lord; 
       they will bring glory to your name.

    10 For you are great and do marvelous deeds; 
       you alone are God.

    11 Teach me your way, O LORD, 
       and I will walk in your truth; 
       give me an undivided heart, 
       that I may fear your name.

    12 I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; 
       I will glorify your name forever.

    13 For great is your love toward me; 
       you have delivered me from the depths of the grave. 
[a]

When I am ready, I will explain why this is the picture I chose for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment