Today Caleb and Samantha were supposed to go see the new Transformers movie with Marc today. He is sick...too sick to enjoy a movie. Caleb was crushed, so I found something else for us to do. I can't believe I forgot about this place in my summer fun
blog post! We went to the
Children's Museum in the Woodlands. I didn't have it in me to go all the way into town for
the Children's Museum in Houston which I somehow managed to forget in my other blog post too. Anyway, it was fun. Not nearly as good as the one in Houston. Then again it is hard to say because Samantha is so much older. Will she and Josh enjoy it as much as they used to? It will definitely be on my list for later AND Thursday afternoons from 5-8pm are FREE...for those of you who didn't read my other post about free stuff. I will put in lots of pics from today, but the first is my favorite. It is not a great photo and in fact it was taken with my phone. It is more the story behind the picture. This is a puzzle type thing with a bunch of different color balls. You use one of those magnetic pen things to move them to the correct place. I spent a long time doing this with Hannah telling me where to put them. Then Caleb wanted to do it, so we messed it all up. To my amazement he sat down and did it. I thought about halfway through he would get tired of it and stop, but he didn't. There was another time where a boy older than him came up and tried to take it away because he wanted to do it. I was sitting right next to him, so that didn't happen. Gotta love the sense of entitlement among children these days. I was actually shocked by some of what I saw today, but I won't go into it. My focus was on my own children and their fun. Anyway, Caleb finished this whole thing!! Who would have thought? My youngest boy...who gives me so much grief never ceases to amaze me! Oh and to do the math for you, there are 8 different colors and each color has 7 balls. That is 56 different colored balls to put in its place. When we messed them up some were in different colored cans AND many times two balls would stick to the magnetic pen, so it wasn't as easy as just putting them wherever!

Here is Dr. Hannah! She had fun with this one.

Hey kids! Why are you in the doghouse?

Digging for dinosaurs

Chugga chugga choo choo

Caleb was funny with this one! He has played tic-tac- toe on the iTouch lately. When no one would win, he would say, "well, that is a C because we didn't win." On the touch a bid "C" for cat goes across the screen. He did pretty good too. When we moved on Caleb and this other boy were tied for wins.

Roar!!! Here comes bear Caleb.

Grandpa would be proud of his little firefighter.

and the other firefighter too. (seriously, don't these two look a lot alike?)

Doesn't she make a cute lion?


Samantha is saying, "I am the queen!" Caleb is going, "OKAAAAAAY."

A sand room

Hannah, the artist


No comments:
Post a Comment