Friday, May 22, 2009

Day 381

First a pic of my favorite flower the gardenia. I haven't had much luck growing them though. At one point I had planted 4 bushes, they all died, so I bought one more. It lives, but is still the same size as it was when I planted it. Oh well....still makes these beautiful sweet smelling flowers. I picked this one and put it in the airvent of the car....I have 4 kids, shouldn't have to explain that one. :) More excitement at the ballpark. Shesh, what should have been an easy win nearly didn't happen. I think all the kids made some boneheaded plays, but Caleb's was the worst. Really, we don't know what was going through his head. During the previous at bat he hit and made it to first. His hit scored the 5th run, so end of inning. We don't know if he thought this was the case again, or if he thought he was out. Then again, he is really itchy today and not really able to focus on what people are saying to him. He hit and ran to first. He made it, then got off the base to go near the coach. He made it back to base AND the first baseman faced him off. The ump should have called "time", but he didn't. Caleb got off again, and headed back to the coach. Out number 3! sigh.... We had some bad calls today too. I thought one of the coaches was going to get tossed. After yesterday's entry, let me clarify the coach was NOT yelling at the kids! He was frustrated because 3 calls in a row were wrong. Even the other team parents were confused. Anyway, we won and have clinched 2nd place...behind the undefeated team we almost beat last night. Praise God we only have one more game! Hannah was extra restless tonight...can you tell in this pic she is in a mischevious mood?


No comments:

Post a Comment