Who would think that this pretty little thing could drive a parent---maybe not all parents---crazy? Really and truly I HATE this thing. This innocent looking gumball machine sits in the waitin room at the music studio. From the time we leave the house the kids are clamoring for quarters. It builds up to the chiropractor office. Then it turns into see whose quarter we can find "sitting" in the car. From there it is me saying, "give back _____'s quarter." Followed by moaning. All this BEFORE we even get there. I am sure you can imagine how fast they jump out of the car and head in. You can't tell in this picture but the yellow gumballs out number all the other colors 4 to 1, so when everyone finally gets their gumball they grumble about yellow or orange and how that is all they get. Then it turns into "MOM, can I have more quarters? I don't like the yellows." Whatever..... Finally Josh and Samantha head in for their lessons and always seem to come out with another quarter. That prompts protest from Hannah and Caleb. Surprisinly, Hannah doesn't swallow the gum....wish she could teach that to Caleb! A few quarters later... more complaints about yellow. I won't even go into the pleads during the lesson from my two youngest for more quarters. Rant over! Glad we only have music once a week. LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment