The
pictures I have don't tell the story I want to tell, but the only camera I had with me was my phone and it can only do so much. I want you to go read
this post by my friend Gina. She puts into words what breaks my heart. She has a follow up to that post today. That is the story of these kids we were loving on and praying for this week. That is their reality! I feel blessed and after reading Gina's post you should too. If you read Gina's post, you can probably guess what happened next...right? Well, here it is just in case you can't figure it out. I was in the prayer room this week. Gina came to talk to the prayer team leader about this need. I was standing there. My heart just about burst out of my chest. It breaks my heart to hear of kids who don't have things to meet their basic needs. So, I paced...and paced...and paced...Marc was with the evangelism team, so I had to wait for him to get back. I really think Marc hates it when I get soft-hearted sometimes. I took Marc over to Cass and Gina and explained to him that this little 3 year old boy doesn't have a bed. He and his siblings sleep on the floor. We have a twin mattress in our garage. It is a very nice high end twin mattress (which is why I think Marc hates it when I get like this). That twin mattress is now in the hands of this other family along with some bedding and pillows. Another family is going to arrange to get them another twin mattress and some bedding. Praise God, I was able to give something to someone who needs it. I am not using it anyway! Don't be fooled! We are NOT well off. We live off Marc's paychecks only because the
faithfulness of God! We have it good! The house we dropped this bed off in had fans running and no a/c. At least if they had it, it wasn't on. I shake my head and wonder sometimes how we can get into our comfy little bubbles and tune out what is going on in our city! For my readers who do pray, could you please pray for this family and the other families we got to serve this week?
No comments:
Post a Comment