Monday, March 30, 2009

Day 325

Day Two of the Bahamas trip! This is going to be a picture overload. We started our day with a boat trip to a private island. All started out great...cool because it was windy. Well...the ocean was VERY rough! Marc and Josh went to a different level on the boat. I stayed up top because Samantha wanted to. Well, that boat rocked and rocked and rocked. Samantha was afraid it would tip over. The wind blew so hard that people and chairs were being blown around. Samantha's chair flipped over once. I about kissed the ground when we got to the island. I felt so horrible I had to just lay on the deck for a while. After I recovered enough to move we headed to the beach. Yes, MORE rough water. These waves were intense. Rocks/coral that weighed more than Caleb would roll in with the wave and then roll right back out. They tried to play in ankle deep water, but it was still knocking them over. Then we had some lunch and tried snorkling. LOL The water was so rough that all the experienced snorklers saw nothing but sand rushing around them. That was enough for me to not even attempt. Marc and Josh didn't feel that way. Well, they got out there and nearly didn't make it back in. I was about to go in after them. Samantha started to get scared, so I took her to a place far enough away from the water and started in. Marc pretty much made it in then turned his back on Josh and he started heading back out. A wave crashed in and pretty much put him in my arms. I jerked him up to keep him from hitting the rocks I was standing on and that was the end of the water! We tried some beach volleyball...that was funny. Then we walked along some rocks and found some "living creatures." Finally we stood about at the water line and watched as the waves brought in stuff around our feet.

Time to get back on the dreaded boat. I had been praying for calmer seas and a smoother ride. Praise God, He answered that prayer. We had a much nicer ride and I got some decent pics.

Then we went for a dinner buffet...it included a chocolate fountain. HA

After dinner we walked around some more. We went back to the beach and tried to get some pics of the waves crashing over the rocks. Didn't work so I took a video. It was awesome!!!! (it will be at the end of this post)...a side note about this pic...during the video we were standing on the pillar to the right of the waterway.

Before we went up to the room we sat around a table in a lobby area and had a lot of laughs. We laughed so hard we cried. It was just great!!!!



Here is the video of the raging seas!

No comments:

Post a Comment