So, if you liked my last "Bubba" post you might like this one. If you were offended by my last "Bubba" post....sorry, but you might like this too. Today my inner bubba came out. We spent a little of our tax return on a surprise for the kids. It is going to go in the backyard and since the yard hasn't been mowed since way before Christmas, I figured it needed to get done. So I threw on some shorts and a t-shirt...sorry, I don't own coveralls...wait female bubbas mow in bikinis and well, that ain't gonna happen!!! lol So after spending an hour looking for the key, I got on the tractor and started mowing. Yes, I said tractor, not riding mower. lol Well, when I started it was still and hot. I could tell it was going to rain. I was about half done with the backyard now. Since it had rained a lot this week I figured now would be a good time to burn our pile. So, I got a little gas and put some on the big pile and started to burn all of our yard stuff. Well as soon as the flames shot up this huge wind came out of nowhere! You know when you first start a fire the flames go way up, well these flames were going straight sideways. Well, being un-bubbaish (my dad was a fire chief), I decided it would be best to put out the fire. Nuts, it only burned for about 5 minutes. About the time I got it out the sky just opened up and it started to downpour. No problem, we all went in and ate some lunch. After the rain, it was cold so I threw on some sweat pants and dried off the tractor. I managed to get the back done. My bubba came back and decided to finish my burn. lol This time it took forever to start...duh, it just rained. I got everything burned. In the process of watching and keeping the kids a safe distance away I decided and mentioned to Josh that we need a fire pit. LOL I told you my bubba was showing big time! Of course he liked the idea. Our plan is to dig a big hole where we did our burn and then put some rocks around. That way we can safely sit around the fire on those cold winter nights. You will soon realize the other reason for my plan. We have had mole problems in our backyard. Well, my dog will catch and kill them, but in doing so we have what seems like miles of dug up tunnels through the yard. Seriously, they are bad and deep! So, with the dirt from our fire pit I want to fill in all these tunnels. They will need to be done before the surprise. ;) Now tomorrow after church the plan it to get the wheelbarrow (I can't believe we actually have one of these, but we do) and start digging. My inner bubba should be gone by Monday morning! Here are some pictures though. The first is burn #2, it got much bigger after this pic! (The pile is also lots bigger than this pic shows) The next is of the girls playing under the trampoline, a safe distance away. The last is of Caleb ON the trampoline. Josh was standing by me watching the fire.


No comments:
Post a Comment