Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day 282

I really don't think this photo needs explanation! Today I pulled out the Once Upon a Potty video. We have had these videos since Josh and Samantha were toddlers. I have really been in no rush to potty train. Let's face it, who is? Ok, so with kid #1 I was. Back then I had all the time in the world. Now I think potty training is a hassle. It means we are home bound more and have to stop at every public restroom at least once. YUCK! No fun when you have a basket full of groceries and 3 other kids with you. So, no rush. Today I was feeling extra energetic for some reason, so I grabbed the movie off the coffee table where it has been sitting for a while. I had to take it to my room because it has a semi-functioning VCR. Hannah sat of the potty singing and somewhat dancing. She made me rewind (do you remember what that is?) 10 times! Finally she was done...of course she never actually did anything, but she sat. She loved the "Potty Song" and I can see us singing it in the future....the things us moms will do for our babies.

2 comments:

  1. I remember that potty training Shane was such a chore, so when it came time to train Shelby, I started setting 15 minute intervals on a timer and running with her to the potty, making a game of it (clapping and yelling "yeah") and I would have her sit there for no more than 5 minutes. Of course, she didn't do anything the first 4-5 trips. But, one of those times, she actually did...so....I set the timer out further (an hour, I think) and I would take her every time the timer went off. Ding...run, clap, yeah, sit, encourage, praise her when she used it. We did this all day. Surprisingly, that child was potty trained in a day! I was so happy. The funny thing is...for the longest time, when the kitchen timer would go off for whatever reason, she would stop what she was doing to run to the potty. It was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My problem is the actual being home to do any intervals. I really am in no rush though. By now I have learned that one day it will just click and she will learn. I am going to try to not stress it. That is too funny about the kitchen timer though!

    ReplyDelete