Today Samantha had a play date. I realize this is NOT a picture of Samantha, but it fits into the story. Samantha has a friend from church that lives near us. I don't like having people over from school. If you follow my blog or most likely my facebook you know how I feel about the kids in our hood/school. I blame most of it on the parents and the constant turnover in the neighborhood. I don't think my kids need friends who are bullies, cuss, make bomb threats to the school (really happened when the kid was in 3rd grade), or are just downright mean! I also don't want to deal with parents who don't care and don't know where their kids are...which is the case around here. I also don't want to become the neighborhood babysitter for friends and their siblings---that has happened also. Anyway, back in the fall when a nice girl sat next to Samantha in choir they became great friends! One Sunday morning a man introduced himself to me and said his family lived in our area. Now, I was not really in the right mind---I think I was chatting with someone, so I didn't think anything of it. I did not put the father/daughter together until the Christmas pageant. Kind of like a slap your head 'duh' moment. LOL Anyway, Samantha had been bugging me since school let out Friday to have a play date. Our schedules didn't meet up until Friday. So...they played. They painted nails, played in the backyard, watched Hannah Montana, rode bikes, scooters, skateboard, and rollerblades. I am sure you have figured out that if my kids are in the front yard---so am I! The picture came about when Hannah saw Josh ride through the ditch. She decided to go too. She was on the driveway and ended up flipping a few times before the landed. Then she just laid there. LOL When she finally got up she put her bike back at the edge of the driveway and decided to crash again...she thought it was fun! Gotta love baby girl. A good time was had all around. The only down side is that I am still not adjusted to the time change and our play date ran long. Just as we came inside her dad called about getting her...oops.

Friday 3/19




No comments:
Post a Comment