Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 499

I guess it would probably help to finish the post I started!!! Saturday we went to a fish fry for my Sunday school class. It was pretty nice and I enjoyed getting to chat since I don't have much time during class. I arrive late due to choir and leave early due to choir. Caleb was a bear. I really felt horrible and embarrassed because he would just not focus enough to behave. I know with him some days are good and some are bad, but I was really hoping for a good one. The sweet family who hosted the event had a cabin on the Lake. It was really nice, I can't remember the last time I was near the lake. Of course since Caleb's near drowning over a year ago I am paranoid with all 4 of them around water. I made them wear life jackets out on the dock. I felt like a meany and let Josh take his off, but Samantha was pretty mad at me for a while. We ended up fishing. Josh caught a fish kind of. I say kind of because he got the bite and started to reel it in when the line snapped. the line still had the bobber thingy attached so we could see this little orange ball floating around in the water. The kids and Dean (one of the hosts) followed the orange ball. It went over near a neighbors dock. Dean went over there and came back with the fish. It was really too funny. There are pics of the fish. Josh also caught a Christmas tree....really, he did!!! After the line broke they set it up to bass fish...no bobber thing, just a hook and rubber worm. The line drags the bottom (I guess). Well, it got hooked up. Josh couldn't reel it in, neither could I. Finally, they got it in and well....Josh caught a Christmas tree. Sad to say that I don't have a picture of it. I was too busy laughing. Anyway....here are some pictures. Hannah insisted on walking and sitting near the edge just like the big kids. I was a nervous wreck!


For a minute I thought he might have fallen asleep. He was sitting so still and quiet!


The fish that almost got away!



Josh and Dean with the catfish!

No comments:

Post a Comment