Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 824


I don't have a picture for today...Saturday, August 14. So, here is an oldie. This one goes way back to April 2004. Some of my friends might remember this incident...I know the pecan tree right next to the mower does. On a side note that pecan tree got its revenge this week. It nearly took off Marc's leg as he tried to mow around it. Anyway, this was the Saturday before Easter. The yard really needed to be mowed. I am sitting there mowing along my merry way when the mower starts smoking. At first I thought nothing of it. Marc had recently put oil in and I figured he put to much. It was not uncommon for him to do that. Then I looked down between my legs and saw flames. You have no idea how fast I jumped off that thing. Given the FULL tank of gas, it went up pretty fast. So what do you do when your mower catches on fire in your yard? We debated (my mom and I) and we called 911. The dispatcher told the firemen that it was a vehicle fire instead of a tractor, so the WHOLE volunteer department showed up. That included 2 fire trucks along with all of the other volunteers in their own vehicles. No lie...we had over 10 firemen there....for a lawnmower! I am still known among the volunteer fire department as the lawnmower lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment