Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 700

Marc is in the Bahamas this week. If you remember last year Josh, Samantha, and I went with him. It really is a company type trip though. They have awards dinners at night. Well, by the time the week is over Marc has enough awards to fill another suitcase AND they are heavy. So he (as well as most of the others) end up leaving them there. I know it sounds stupid, but if you know Marc you know he doesn't really care about awards. Sure, he LOVES the recognition, and the money that comes along with them, but the actual awards end up sitting in a box. Honestly, where would we put them anyway? I could see keeping maybe 1 or 2, but ALL of them??? Could you imagine being a visitor and walking into our living room seeing a wall of Marc? I don't think so. Well, the vendors are aware of the awards problem...they have to take all of the awards TO the island. This year some of them will be shipping them to our house. GREAT! So, when the UPS man showed up on our doorstep, I was confused and the kids were excited....until we opened the box. We all had a laugh! Marc gets to go on the trip and we get his stuff.....

No comments:

Post a Comment