Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 603

This is another day I do not have a photo, but I DO have a good reason! First let me get out my funny little rant. You can see yesterday's photo from the football game. Obviously it is on a Sunday...duh. Well, I thought (come to find out later I was NOT the only one) school started on the following Monday. I don't see why it wouldn't. The kids had been out of school forever, why did they need Monday off also? Apparently the teachers need a day to get ready without the chaos of the kids or something...sure it makes sense, but I am ready for some normalcy even if it means getting up at 6:00 am! The kids and Meema had instructions to NOT have all the neighbor kids over (they seem to appear out of nowhere anytime MY kids go in the backyard). Well, some managed to sneak into the yard anyway and during the course of disobedience one kid informed Josh that school didn't start until Tuesday. Josh was quick to tell me this when he was done hiding from me...he was afraid he would get in trouble for all the other kids jumping the fence and coming into the yard. Sure enough, I looked it up on the internet and NO SCHOOL! Man...I had plans!!! Aside from the bitter cold/wind, I had a catholic funeral to go to AND grocery shopping. What is a crazy mom to do? Warn the kids the night before and tell them about the expected behavior. We were up and out early...the GPS steered me wrong. Don't know why I bothered because I pretty much knew where I was going. We arrived and the kids of course were stunned. We are not catholic and they didn't know anyone there...enough said there. On to the funeral---I was sad. I can't believe I let so many years go by without visiting. I quit sending Christmas cards when they moved because I didn't have the new address. I remembered all the times as a kid that I spent at Aurora and Louie's house during the summer with Wendi. We could always talk Louie into taking us to Toys R Us...and McDonald's. I remember going with them one time to the Valley....I still don't know where exactly the Valley is, but I remember Wendi and I had fun. Everyone else spoke spanish and we were just confused. LOL I went to Sea World for the first time with them. I can't tell you how many times Louie would take me to school. Almost anytime I would walk down the street to see Wendi, Louie would be outside raking the leaves...or in the back yard messing around. I remember his sweet smile and gentle laugh. He was a good man! Men like him are rare these days. I truly loved him like family and am so sorry I let our relationship/friendship go as I grew up and moved away. Louie was like a grandpa I didn't have. RIP Louie! I know your family is missing you greatly!

No comments:

Post a Comment