Sunday was a busy day...lots of driving! Josh went to Camp Dermadillo/Discovery. It is a really great camp and I am so glad he got to go again this year. I can't wait until Caleb is old enough to go....he has 4 more years. :( I think he would have a great time. Unless God performs a miracle and heals his eczema he will be going. I know last year I gushed about the whole camp experience, so I will spare you that this year. I do want to mention Camp for All. Camp for all give kids and even adults and families a camp experience they might not otherwise get. This week along with Josh's camp, there is also a camp for kids with renal disease and a camp for kids with Sickle Cell anemia. They have camps for a whole spectrum of special needs groups. They also have camps available for the whole family in some of those groups...including Down Syndrome and Cerebral Palsy. If you click on the link above you can find the 2009 calendar which includes names of some of the groups and contact information if needed! Anyway, we got Josh checked in. He was happy because the first person we saw walking up remembered him from last year. The boys nurse was also there so Caleb wasn't ignored...of course who could ignore Caleb? Then the funniest thing happened!!! Caleb went up to the med check in table and leaned on his hands (see pic below). He just stood there staring, not saying a word. Finally I figured it out...look at what he is staring at. LOL I leaned over and asked him if he liked those girls and he got this goofy grin and giggled...the picture after that. Every person in that room was laughing...some even taking pictures of the little dude. Josh was already off mingling with campers and missed the whole thing. LOL
Gruntled
2 days ago




No comments:
Post a Comment