Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 640

This picture is not really from today (Wednesday 2/10). It is from today...this morning in fact. To understand this (actually not sure if you can), this is Josh standing at the bus stop in the cold rain. I am sitting in the car right next to him with the heater nice and toasty, yet my son chooses to stand outside in the very cold rain. This is not really what I was going to blog about though. My picture for the day was going to be of the nice relaxing room where I got my facial, but it was too dark and I didn't want to turn on the light and spoil the relaxed mood.

My Josh story is amazing...to me, although it should not be. We had dinner at church...like usual. We were much later than normal because my son went to PE with his sweatshirt on and when he got in the car we all quickly realized he needed to go home put on deodorant and change shirts. The joys of getting older..... Anyway, as we were trying to get ready to go to choir I was trying to chat and get the table cleaned up. I was getting a little angry because Josh seemed to be ignoring my request to help get stuff picked up. I went over and asked what was up. He said the "church guy" asked him to go on stage during the prayer. I said ok and went back to the table. A few minutes later Josh is on stage with the one of the ministers. He asked Josh his name, then he said, "OH you are part of the xxxx family. This family drives from xxxx, a long drive every Wednesday and every Sunday." Then he asked Josh to do the prayer. It was quickly obvious to me that he had NO idea he was going to be asked to pray. His eyes got kind of big and his face got red. LOL I was so proud of Josh. He prayed for the meal for about 100 people and he didn't break into the "God is great, God is good...." prayer. He prayed a real prayer. So proud of my son! He is growing into a wonderful young man.

No comments:

Post a Comment