Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 334

Day 2 of Sea World...




Day started out GREAT! We headed to the dolphin pool first. It was before the park was officially open, so there were not tons of people there already. The dolphins were friendlier than we have ever seen! Everyone got to touch one, it was great.




After feeding the dolphins we realized the tire in the jogging stroller was flat...we had that problem a few years ago. The stroller is 8 years old, so the liner around the tube has rotted. We only replaced the one liner and tube last time...sigh. Anyway, we ended up renting a stroller. We got a double even though Caleb walked most of the time. We jut had too much stuff. Our original plan was to go back to the waterpark, so we had our life jackets, but it was just very cold. They have life jackets, but when EVERY kid has on the same color it is impossible to quickly pick out your own kid, so we bring our own. Plus we had towels, swimsuits, water, snacks, backpack that served as a diaper bag and purse....just lots of stuff. Anyway, this pic was taken while we were waiting for them to store our stoller and bring us the rented one....it is hard to get all 5 of us smiling at once. The one where I a smiling only ONE kid is, so I chose the pic with 3 kids smiling and me asking Marc a question...actually I think I was saying "thank you" to the people who had just walked in front of Marc while he was taking the pic. I promise I am NOT sarcastic.
After we saw the Sea Lion show, Hannah decided she was tired. She got in the stoller and went to sleep.

Here is Josh with the beluga whale. He had an early birthday present. He wanted to do the beluga whale encounter instead of a party...YEAH!!!! It was so cool! He did have one scary moment. While posing for the "kiss" picture the baby swam under the mom and Josh lost his balance and fell off the ledge. No biggie though, he can swim.



Here is Josh in his wetsuit.
Next are ride pictures. I don't normally take pics of rides, but Caleb was kind of into them this year. First he did the little Shamu express. This is day 2, so his second time to ride...he even had his hands up!!!! Then he wanted the "stick ride" as he calls it. Yesterday the line was way too long, so we waited for them to open and they had the first log.
We convinced him to go on the Rio Loco. He liked it, but got really wet. LOL Finally was Journey to Atlantis! This one was not so easy to get him to do. I got him to go on with me and he was pretty scared. Then Marc wanted to go, so he started toward the line with Josh and Samantha. Caleb didn't want to so he stayed with me...THEN he changed his mind and took off running to catch them. He rode it again. I think he is really scared, but likes the thrill feeling and isn't sure which feeling he wants to go with.
Here is a video of Josh's whale encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment